Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Birthday Card for My Sister

Not too long ago I saw the cutest card featuring a Shih Tzu die cut. The blogger had generously shared the siite where she purchased the die (http://www.scrappingcottage.com/) and so I purchased one, too. There are many great dies available for purchase from this company. My sister owns a shih tzu so I knew that she would appreciate a birthday card with the likeness of her sweet dog. Using the Hero Arts stamps, Martha Stewart punch, American Crafts paper, and Sizzix Framelits die I was able to create this birthday card. I used chalk to color the dog and inside the framed message. The balloons were paper pieced and MS crystal glitter was used on the cupcake so that the words would show through. Doodlebug Design twine was used for the balloon strings. The only thing I would change is the Mrs. Grossman gift stickers which are too light colored and transluscent. Perhaps a stamped image would have been better.....ahhh another reason to visit Ben Franklin Crafts.....I need a stamp of giftwrapped packages.....LOL! Oh, and don't tell my sister but included in her gift are packets of die-cut shih tzu dogs so she can make her own cards. I'm determined to turn her into a crafter! Thank you for stopping to read and look. I hope that what you've seen/learned will entice you to come back to visit again.

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

such a cute card...your sister is going to love it...

Creations by Shirl said...

This is such a cute cute card... Boy is your sis going to love you for this special card that you made for her..... That is darn C U T E......
Way to go Lynn~

Cheryl said...

Your sister will love it!!! I have that same birthday stamp set but now I have to get that frame lit set too.

Expressions & Inspirations said...

The shih tzu die cut is cute ^_^ your sister will adore it. TFS