Thursday, February 2, 2012

Perfumed Valentine Box

The Sizzix die-cut heart box is one of my favorite easy-to-assemble Valentine treat boxes. This year to change it up I decided to cover the box with scented drawer liner paper. My liner paper was from my hoarded stash but I'm sure you can find scented drawer liners at many fancy perfume/soap stores or online. I started the box by cutting two boxes, one of lavendar card stock and one of drawer liner paper. Then I applied Alene's quick dry Tacky glue to the card stock and carefully matched the liner paper on top. While the glue was still damp, I folded the box on the score lines. Once the glue was really dry, I assembled the box, added the satin ribbon, and perfume label. The label was easily made by stamping the Hero Arts design (from the Make You Happy set available at Ben Franklin Crafts) on the leftover card stock, using a purple pigment ink and embossing it with crystal powder. (I cut the bottom corners of the label so that the label would fit better on the box.) I think I will fill my boxes this year with perfume and mini soaps. Have a sweet day!









4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is just too cute...what a fun idea...

Creations by Shirl said...

I'm sure those recipients are going to love receiving this cute Valentine box with the perfumes and soaps..... Very unique.... love you awesome inspirations on your crafting as always...
Have a super day and TFS~

Shirley N said...

So pretty Lynn, great idea to use scented paper to go with your perfumes and soap. A very lovely Valentine gift!

SuiLan said...

This is such a wonderful idea!