Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gift Wrapping




If you are attracted to the approximately 20"x 30" printed paper at the Celebrations store, you might be wondering what you can do with it. I would usually use it to simply wrap gifts as it is, priced right and very attractive. However, I wanted to give some thank you gifts and thought that the wrapping paper might make good gift bags. (The Celebrations store has similarly printed gift bags but some are too small and others too fancy for what I had in mind.) By cutting a sheet of paper in half, I was able to fold and tape together two large paper (lunch) bags. I cut another sheet into four pieces and formed four giant snack pouches. By sealing the ends of the pouches with Merikan tape and crimping them with a crimper tool (see bottom photo), I was able to create a clever pouch for individually-wrapped shortbread cookies. (Be sure to make the pouches narrow enough to fit through your crimper tool.) I saw the idea of making small snack pouches on someone else's blog....sorry I can't remember whose. I decorated the pouches with Copic colored Dandelion Design images and a printed 'Thank You' tape on the top. The big lunch bag is sealed with a Sister Stamps image that I colored and made into a label. The 20" x 30" printed sheets could also be used to make small economical favor pouches for a classroom or party. Isn't the rabbit print just perfect for Easter? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the selection of printed wrapping paper and don't forget you'll get a stamp on your Celebrations card for every $10 of merchandise you purchase. A filled card entitles you to $10 of free merchandise....sweet deal! Thanks for reading this blog post; please visit again..... soon!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

These treat pouches are so sweet and with the Dandelion stamps, it's even sweeter!!! TFS what you made with the new stamps.

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my Lynn~
What a clever idea with making this treat holder out of those paper... This is one machine I haven't invested yet.. That crimper will have to be a must the next time I spy that on sell....And so cute using Dandelion Stamps this surely will inspire Jean on it too...
Have a super Wednesday....

Annette Allen said...

what a fun and cute treat...such a fun idea for Easter..always enjoy your fun creative ideas..

So sorry you can not email me...I checked it and seems to be fine. here is my email so you can email me anytime... cleaver.creations@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you anytime..Thank you for all your support on my blog...your comments always put a smile on my face...

Sandra68 said...

What is and where is the Celabrations store

eunice said...

Oh, that is so neat how you made those pouches! Kind of like a giant version of those macadamia nut pouches, yah? Must try this! Thanks for the creative inspiration, Lynn!

London Fancy Box said...

When you are thinking for giving gifts like jeweler, drink, cosmetics, perfumes or any sort of this packaging matters really deeply. Packaging is a sumptuous way to present your gift. Your beloved ne get more excited about the gift if it had a nice luxury packaging.

I feel so good when I get a gift. I like to untie the bow, open ripping of shinny wrapper, peel of label and get my gift. It’s an amazing feeling . It enhance the experience of satisfaction which not only helps add value to the purchase but also helps to reinforce the brand and build sender loyalty

The term luxury makes us confuse and we assume it as expensive. Your post is an excellent example of a luxury but not expensive packaging. I loved it.

Wholesale Box Designers said...

I feel so good when I get a gift. I like to untie the bow, open ripping of shinny wrapper, peel of label and get my gift. It’s an amazing feeling . It enhance the experience of satisfaction which not only helps add value to the purchase but also helps to reinforce the brand and build sender loyalty.Thanks for sharing this blog.Using box instead of wrapper is much better.