Sunday, July 8, 2012

Gift Bag Card and Mini Gift Bag with Tag

I was supposed to be working on finishing some half-done projects, but the lure of playing with my new Tim Holtz die toys beckoned to my 'bad girl' side. Luckily, the 'playing' resulted in some pleasing paper crafts so I didn't feel SO bad.....I'll complete those other projects...promise!  The card (first photo) used a base of a 5"x7" black card blank from Paper Accents to which I added a piece of printed Martha Stewart card stock  from the Modern Festive 12 x12 pack. It was easy work to cut the bag from a piece of  zebra print Heidi Swapp double-sided card stock using the Tim Holtz bag die with a magnetic heart die in the center of one of the bag panels. ( See second photo.)  (There are lots of little magnetic dies which can be used instead of the heart to cut an opening,)  After folding and taping the bag, it was punched with two holes and strung with American Crafts ribbon.  The girl image (Hero Arts set) was stamped on glossy paper and colored with Copic pens.  (If you get smudges try using a waterproof ink or heat embossing with black embossing powder before coloring.)  I designed this card so that the bow can be untied and a gift card or small gift inserted into the bag. I stamped the words (old stamp from my stash) onto blue card sock and hand-cut the banner shape.  Oh yes, I added a piece of acetate to the inside of the heart shaped window.
The mini gift bag was made in the same way as the one on the card except black wire was shaped and attached to the top inside of the bag using a strip of scrap card stock and Merikan double stick tape.  The heart cut-out was left open to let the tag show through.  The image on the tag was from the same Hero Arts set as the one on the card; it was colored the same way.  The tag was blinged up with pink crystals and grosgrain ribbons.  Although the bag is tiny, it is large enough to hold a gift of lip gloss, eye shadow, or the always pleasing Ben Franklin Crafts gift card.  I hope that you will stop by this blog again and shop Ben Franklin Crafts store where you are sure to find the supplies for these and other marvelous craft projects which are just waiting to be created by YOU!  (Remember: You can be a 'bad girl' crafter sometimes as long as you are 'good' most of the time...  yeah, I know I need to clean up my craft room...tomorrow...LOL!)


5 comments:

Jenny said...

Love this idea!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Lynn - what neat projects....
Those new dies looks like a must to my wish list too.... love how you made that card.... TFS!

Annette Allen said...

Lynn these are amazing...I love that print and those fun designs...totally awesome...

Cheryl said...

Great to see you using up all your TH products!!! Love how you turned that bag into a cute little shopping bag!

eunice said...

Oh...! This is such a super cool project. What a neat idea to put a liitle gift bag on a card! And that bag die is pretty neat, too...the fact that it's a movers and shapers die makes it so versatile! Thanks for the inspiration...got it pinned to my Pinterest board so I'll remember to try this soon!