Thursday, July 19, 2012

Just Because

Amazingly, I don't have any card making occasion coming up soon, but I just had to test drive the new Sister Stamp and Hero Arts stamp set I recently acquired.  Because this card is going into my card stash, I left the sentiment vague and plan to add, ' It's your Birthday' or It's your _____________' inside to suit the event.  I love the Hero Arts stamp set (purchased from Ben Franklin Crafts) because it has two sizes of each style frame and sentiments which pop out and are unchangeable. I chose to use the Sister Stamp image with the gift in hand because it matched the Martha Stewart decorative paper (from 12x12 pack).  Some bling was added (glitter and crystals) because the paper had a bit of texture and shine. Coloring was done with Copic pens and color pencils.  Since this card was so easy to make and turned out pleasing, I made two for the stash box;  it's great to be ready for those emergency "oh, I forgot"  gift occasions.  Thanks for taking time to visit this blog site.  Please return often for more ideas.

5 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This turned out really cute, love all those sparkly effects..... great coloring with both copic and pencils...
Enjoy your Thursday~

Jenny said...

Thanks for showing us how nice that Hero frame set is. Thanks for using Mariko!

Cheryl said...

Your card turned out really nice! Love the Hero stamp and frame set. Have a great weekend!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ho da cute!!! Just love how you layed everything out. BTW, I posted the card I made for you on my blog. Have a great weekend.

eunice said...

Awww...supah kawaii...! Just LOVE the new Sister Stamps release. Great job of coordinating the patterned papers (I'm so bad at that...) and I really like how you've used the Hero Arts stamp set to fit in perfectly. Wish they had come up with a matching die for that frame!