Thursday, January 10, 2013

Calendar Birthday Card - Version 2



Even though my sister's birthday is not until February, I decided to create a calendar card for her too, since I had all the supplies out already.( See last post.)  The instructions for this card are similar to the last one except I used 'My Little Shoebox' card stock.  The Asian girl figure is a sticker from a My Little Shoebox sheet. I dusted the back of the girl with cornstarch so it wouldn't stick to the card when it is flat. The cupcake brad is from K and Co.  Darice washi tape was used to hold down the blue circle and the Hero Arts stamped words were glued on.

Inside the card, a panel (cut from a My Little Shoebox 12x12) was taped on leaving the top edge open so a note or gift card could be inserted.  The stamped words came from an Inkadinkado stamp set.  To hold the front of the card in a folded position a sprig of cherry blossom (from the Ben Franklin Crafts floral dept.) was glued in place. As with the previous card the recipient has the option to use the calendar standing up on a desk or hang it up using the attached ribbon.  I hope you like this 'girly' version of my calendar card.  Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment if you have the time. I love hearing from you.





2 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This turned out really cute and your sister will love it too. Great easel card.....
Enjoy your crafty day!

Cami said...

Very pretty easel calendar birthday card for your Sis, Lynn! She will love this. I haven't seen the cherry blossom sprig (didn't go the floral section LOL!) but I was there and found many wonderful crafting things! Thank you the blog candy I won in December...putting it to VERY good use to support my "crafting habit!"
Have a great week.
Cami