Friday, January 18, 2013

Spinach Bead Necklace

No, these beads are not really made of spinach, but the Jesse James Bead Company named the strand of beads used in this necklace after Popeye's favorite vegetable. (Click on the photo to see a close up of the beads.)  Like the previous necklace I made, this one was super easy to assemble because all the hard work of selecting the shapes, sizes, colors, textures and materials was done for me.  All I did was add two sizes and colors of bi-cone crystals between the main  beads and attach the Sweet Beads brass colored chains with oval jump rings.  An additional piece of chain was added in the back so the lobster claw clasp could be used to adjust the necklace length. (Click on the photo so you can get a closer look at the beads.....they're really pretty.)  Using the Jesse James Bead strand  purchased at Ben Franklin Crafts is a smart choice for an easy jewelry project that results in something beautiful to give or wear yourself.  I hope you've been inspired to give it a try.  Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Cami said...

This is a beautiful necklace, Lynn! The selection of beads and kinda reminds me of vintage pieces, which I love!