Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thinking of You


Give me new dies and I'll happily cut through a stash of pretty paper scraps for hours. The result of my playing is the card in the photo above.  The photography is not the best (sorry) but you may be able to discern the embossed Sizzix folder design on the blue paper.  The buckle die is another Barbara Walton design and cuts a bunch of beautiful buckles in one easy pass. The butterfly/dragonfly die (also Barbara Walton from Ben Franklin Crafts) was used to cut the lavender dragonfly from vellum paper (Stickles and glitter added for sparkle).  The matching scalloped border was punched out with an EK Success lace punch. Here's a crafting tip:  If you save ribbons (like the silk one I used) but don't want to haul out the iron to unwrinkle it, simply moisten it with water and wind it around a small diameter bottle and let it dry there....presto! no more wrinkles. The script words on the card were obtained with a stamp from a Hero Arts clear set.  Okay, that's it for today.  I'm thinking of you; hoping you are crafting and smiling.  I'm smiling because you visited this blog site.  Please leave a comment if you have the time to make me smile even more.

3 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty soft colors, and that dragonfly is adorable with his sparkly wings....

Unknown said...

Love all the texture in your card and your tip on "ironing" ribbon reminds me of the high school days and "ironing" our shirts...we used the same technique...lol

Leanne said...

I have not seen those dies and they are cool. Love how your card turned out, great use of the dies. thank you for that ribbon tip! all my ribbons are all in a bag and i'm sure there are some that are wrinkled. lol.
:D
xx