Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Shaved Ice Card Boy Version

The Sister Stamp image of the little boy eating the shaved ice really reminds me of my youngest son.  Like most children, he truly enjoyed the icy cold treat even when it gave him an 'ice headache'......it never deterred him from ordering another one the next time we stopped at Kawate's in Hilo...*smiles*

The two-sided card stock I used for this card was from the Bo Bunny line that is now selling at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I love the retro-old-time-Hawaii-look of these papers.  The banner was made using a Paper Smooches stamp and die (about 6 in each set).  The burlap circle was cut from a 6x6 sheet.  My favorite part of the card is the MS snow glitter which really highlights the shaved ice.  Making this card stirred up some wonderful memories....good times!

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ekahi's rainbow shave ice sure looks yummy and refreshing. I really like how you colored his hair...nice highlights. Oh, and I sure remember those "ice headaches," they would make me freeze for a moment. LOL.

Leanne said...

Aww, this is another awesome retro card Lynn. Yep that shave ice does look amazing, nice and cold! brrr! hahaha! Have a terrific day!

Annette Allen said...

heehee what a cute cute card.. love that little image.. so totally fun

Unknown said...

Love that bit of burlap to highlight that sweet image!

Emily Leiphart said...

Super cute, Lynn! I love the colours on the snow cone and the burlap highlights the image beautifully!