Friday, July 25, 2014

Shaved Ice Summer Card

As soon as I saw the Sister Stamps with the shaved ice, it was a no-brainer that I was going to buy them. They just scream "SUMMER"!!!!!  My memories of lining up at the shaved ice shop on School St. and driving to Foster Gardens to eat the treat come flooding back every time I look at the stamps.  Even the image of the little one with the spilled mess brings back memories......my Dad always got me a replacement even though it cost 10 cents!.....*smile*

For this card I chose Carta Bella two sided printed card stock and burlap paper from a 6x6 pad.  Both are available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. The image was colored with Copic pens (sold at BFC) and Martha Stewart snow glitter was added to the shaved ice.  I hope this card brings back happy summer memories for you, too!

3 comments:

eva said...

how sweet! love her rainbow shave ice!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ummm yummy. Looks like Anuhea is enjoying strawberry, banana, and vanilla shave ice. We all seem to have childhood memories of eating them. Love your refreshing card. Have a nice weekend Lynn.

Leanne said...

awww so cute! I love that you used the burlap with these fun papers. Anuhea's expression is priceless.
I went to a local plate lunch place here in LA the other day and one of the patrons walked out with a HUGE shave ice that looked just like Anuhea's. I was drooling! hahaha! Great share Lynn. Hope you have a great weekend!!