Thursday, August 21, 2014

Romantic Anniversary Card

Usually I make humorous cards for my husband, but for our anniversary this year I decided to surprise him and create a romantic card.  The Spellbinder dies I purchased recently from HM Ben Franklin Crafts were perfect for this purpose.  I could have stamped and heat embossed the sentiment right on the card but after die cutting the intricate design I decided not to take a chance of stamping a poor image.  I stamped the TPC sentiment on a paper cut with a Sizzix die.  I used gold ink and embossing powder even on the edges of the die cut label.
 Since my sister is celebrating her anniversary a few days after mine and I had all my supplies out, I decided to make her a card too.  For hers I chose more feminine colors (not sure if the colors used for my husband card were both romantic and masculine LOL!).  I think the colors of this card work better together than the first one. I just love the intricate cuts of the Spellbinders dies and don't even mind that it took several passed through my Big Shot to get a clean die cut because it is so romantically vintage.
Here is a close-up of the roses and leaves I made using the Spellbinders die set. This is a fabulous set because not only does it make gorgeous roses in three sizes but there are also dies for leaves that emboss the veins. Love this die set!
For my sister's card I used the Petaloo flowers (from Ben Franklin Crafts) because they are flatter for mailing. The new Petaloo flowers at the store are so gorgeous and really add the vintage, romantic look I love....sort of shabby, chic.....like us....LOL!
Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention that I found a new tool at Ben Franklin Crafts. This Spellbinders tool has a rolling brush and two other tips that help to clean out the chads (little bits of punched out paper) from the dies after cutting. It is very effective and time-saving. Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been creating and please leave a comment or ask a question if you desire.  I love hearing from you. Create a crafty world!

7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so sweet.. he will love it..
Happy Anniversary..

Creations by Shirl said...

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary.... This may get him all spiced up, hehe......Great job on both cards!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, and you sis and BIL. You created 2 gorgeous cards and those flowers are so pretty. Congrats!

Maire Gamber said...

Your romantic anniversary card is gorgeous! Congrats on your anniversary - I just love weddings and anniversaries!
Your card is gorgeous!
Hugs,
Marie

yyam said...

Ooooh...these are beautiful cards! Happy anniversary!

eunice said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!!!!Both these cards turned out beautifully, and very romantic. You made those roses?!!!! WOW!!!!

Leanne said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you both had a lovely day. :)
Two very pretty cards, the details although the same but different do transmit that feeling of romance. Love the gold on the blue card, adds a really nice vintage feel. Congrats on celebrating another year of blissful marriage!