Thursday, June 4, 2015

Baby Girl Card

 It's been a while since I needed a baby card so I wasn't sure how to start on this one.  I looked in my 'baby supply box' and found an amazing amount of cute baby items collected over the years mostly from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  The girly paper came from a K and Co. pad and was the inspiration for the rocking horse theme.  The Lawn Fawn banner and circle dies formed the base for the unusual card format.  Because the banners had punched out holes for hanging, I decided to put gauzy ribbons in one set and epoxy dots in the other set.
Here is a close-up of the shaker banner.  By cutting a thin foam sheet banner and gluing it to the matching banner, I was easily able to create a recess for the rocking horse confetti which came from BFC (wedding/baby department) as did the 'It's a GIRL' charm.  The Little B rocking horse die was perfect for cutting the piece that decorates the shaker window.
These are the supplies that I used on the Baby Girl card.  Also included in the photo are some plastic rocking horse charms that I plan to tie onto the ribbon when I wrap the gift.  It's fun to make a card and wrap a gift with a theme because all the parts just seem to work together.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are having a crafty day!

7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

you did an awesome job.. this is the cutest baby card..

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Lynn, you sure had the perfect collection of goodies to create this darling baby card. It's super sweet.

Unknown said...

Wow...lots of sweet things on this baby card!

yyam said...

Awwww...this is adorable! I love it!

eunice said...

Gosh Lynn, this is so cute, cute, CUTE!!!! Your thinking outside the box again resulted in an amazing card...what a wonderful idea to layer the banner die cuts to create a shaped card with a shaker...really love it! I also really like the way you added the die cut rocking horse right in the center of your window...don't think I've ever seen that done before, but it really gives your card a fabulous look. Just too, too CUTE!!!

Leanne said...

OMG Lynn!! This is AWEdorable!!! I love the shaker pieces they are perfect. The whole design is thoughtful and delightful. I bet the parents to be will cherish it forever.

StevenHWicker said...

It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Chicken Pens