Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cat and Mouse B-day Card

This card started as a product testing project.  I discovered some new Bo Bunny items at HM Ben Franklin Crafts, specifically sticky stencils and glitter paste.  For the background, I used the star stencil with blue and silver glitter paste (the silver in the left-hand upper corner and the blue on the other side).  This stenciling system with the sticky back is honestly the best I've ever used. It stays in place and lifts off easily...washes in a snap too!
 The Ai stamp came with the instructions to make the pull down mouth.  Although I didn't have the die to cut out the mouth it wasn't difficult to use a craft knife to cut it. The 'happy birthday' die cut was made with a Little B die from a set purchased at BFC.  I couldn't find my 'pull' stamp so I had to hand write the word on a strip of washi tape.  (Honestly, I need to put all my 'often used' word stamps in one easy-to-find place!)
I think you'll be thrilled to find so many new Bo Bunny products at HM Ben Franklin Crafts, especially the glitter paste which comes in lots of great colors and the easy-to-use sticky stencils.  I love the raised texture of the glitter paste and already have lots of future projects in mind.  Hope this post has tempted you to check out Ben Franklin Crafts where you are sure to find something crafty and irresistible!  (Almost forgot, the funny sentiment I used inside the card is from Viva Las Vegas Stamps...I think?) It says:

         "May your birthday be as happy as the first cat who figures out how to work a can opener!"

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a cute birthday card.. I love all those stars.. fun designing.

eva said...

that's a fun card! cute sentiment too!

Heather McMahon said...

Oh this is so clever - I love it!

Leanne said...

hahaha! This is great! I think the sentiment inside is perfect!

yyam said...

Super fun! LOVE the pull-down mouth and the glittered stars!