Monday, October 26, 2015

Halloween Diorama Card

Just as I was putting away my Halloween supplies for this year, I discovered this Lawn Fawn stamp set that I bought after Halloween last year (on sale) and put aside for this year.  I decided I HAD to make another card so this stamp set wouldn't feel 'uninkable' LOL!  It's been a long time since I made a diorama card (I think that's what you call it) but it used to be a favorite style of mine because it looks fancy but it's super easy to construct.
 I started with a 12"x 3-3/4"piece of purple card stock. Measuring from the left, I scored at 4-1/2", 5-1/2", 10" and 11".  Before folding the diorama frame, I stamped the sentiment in white pigment ink, sprinkled it with white embossing powder and applied heat with a heat gun to melt the embossing powder.  Then I stamped the images on white marker paper (from BFC) and colored the house and tree with Copic pens before cutting them all out.  For the moon I punched out a 2"circle of yellow card stock and stamped the bats on it.  The diorama frame was formed by using double stick tape (Merikan from BFC) on the extra flap. The ghosts and house were attached with pop dots for added dimension. From the top view you can see how quickly this card can be assembled and that it can be folded flat for mailing.  This was so much fun to make; I think I'll make one for Thanksgiving..... ....maybe several to use as table place cards. Have a super and safe Halloween!

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a fun halloween project..so creative and cute

Leanne said...

Hi Lynn!
Glad you found the stamp set to create this too cute to spook card. TFS the process, I haven't made one of these is a very long time. Have a great week!

yyam said...

This is super cute!