Thursday, April 21, 2016

Die-cut Butterfly Shaker Card

 When I made the card I showed on my last post, I thought it was the best use of the Little B die cutter, but after I made this card, I decided that I liked this one even better.  It was a little more work than the first card, but I do love a shaker card...LOL!  To make the cavity for the sequins and mini butterflies, I cut two layers of thin pink foam and glued them together.  For a different border I used a favorite Mama Elephant scallop edge die.  This great die also cut the card glued to the back of the shaker panel. Just put the scallop die near the left-side fold so that the edge stays intact. The Sizzix label dies are another fabulous, useful set... (14 pieces!)lots of terrific word dies and pretty labels not shown on the package front. Oh yes, the Little B butterfly stickers were dusted with corn starch (so they wouldn't stick) before placing them in the shaker window.  I almost forgot, the double sided butterfly print card stock is a Bo Bunny product...so nice to have both sides coordinating.
Okay, that's it for this post. Hope you're having a great crafting month!  Enjoy!

No comments: