Friday, April 29, 2016

Sweet Baby Elephant Git Bag with Tag

 I felt like creating another baby gift bag and thought I'd make it a little fancier but usable for either a girl or boy.  Like the previous gift bag I made a pocket from two printed card stock sheets (Simple Stories "Hello Baby' and Echo Park 'Bundle of Joy'). As in the last post, I cut the tag out from the back sheet of the pocket since the cut out wouldn't show.
Lacey edging was punched out from white card stock using a Martha Stewart punch and used to decorate around the pocket, bag edge, and tag bottom.  To accent the sweet little die cut elephant (made with a Sizzix die set)....notice the flapping ear, I placed him on a lacy doily. I just love him!
 The elephant print tag has another die cut elephant that came from a Sizzix set that contains clear stamps too....adorable. The 'Sweet Baby' sentiment is from a wonderful Echo Park stamp set.
For the pocket on the back of the tag I used a word panel from the EP paper pad and decorated it with a Echo Park bib die cut that was stamped with 'Little One' from another EP stamp/die set.  Finally, I added ribbons, K and Co. daisy stickers and tulle (glued around the handles and for bows).
HM Ben Franklin Crafts has so many marvelous baby themed products I know you'll be impressed and tempted to purchase them even if you currently have no reason to give baby gifts.  You never know; life is full of wonderful surprises!

No comments: