Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Thinking of You Card

 My sister is obsessed with her dog and wants to take her everywhere.  I selected this Penny Black image because it reminded me of my sister and I wanted to send her a thank you note.  The pretty rose print card stock paper is from a Bo Bunny 6x6 pad.  I cut it to fit the Studio G card with a scalloped front flap (only $1.25 for the pack at HM Ben Franklin Crafts).  I colored the image with both Prisma watercolor pencils and Kuretake watercolors.
 For the inside of the card I attached some leaf print washi tape and another label made with the ArtC  dies and stamps. The purple flower was a rose from a bouquet with plastic stems.  I took the petals off and tried to reassemble the rose with glue.  As you can see it now looks more like a peony, but at least it sits flat on the card.  The leaves from the bouquet were too large so I trimmed them.
Overall, I am pleased with this card even though I had to do the coloring twice because I ruined my first attempt. I am now in a springtime mood and plan to make more cards with flowers and birds. I hope you'll visit again to see my new posts. Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Such a nice combination of DP and I love the pretty flower that pops on your card.

Maire Gamber said...

Great card and tag. I love the idea of a double sided sentiment. I have never heard of that before. You have inspired me to go and take a peek!
Hugs, Marie