Saturday, February 18, 2017

Luggage Tags, Shih Tsu Design and Leather Style

 These Shih Tsu luggage tags were made for an owner and lover of this breed.  In an effort to use up some of the paper scraps piling up on my desk, I decided to make the dog tags in two directions to match the design of the DCWV 8X8 paper from the Pet Stack.  The dog was die cut (Cottage Cutz) from a scrap of beige card stock and highlighted with brown chalk.  The tongue, nose and bow were colored in with Copic pens before gluing the dog together.  The black of the eyes was achieved by gluing a scrap of black paper behind the die cut eye holes.
 Since the recipient of these tags is going to travel to Hawaii, I put a piece of tropical paper in the back of the dog luggage tags. For the sign the dog is holding I used my computer to print the words....choose the font and size then print it on computer paper and run it through again with the paper sign covering the words (use removable washi tape to hold it in place)....voila, the words are printed on the sign!
The Paper Accents vinyl tags come three to a pack and are sold at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I also made a leather luggage tag for my husband using the Sizzix scoreboard luggage tag die (from BFC). I discovered that thin leather cuts easily with this die and the tag accommodates a business card. To finish the leather tag, the sides were glued together after a laminated business card (covered up in the photo) was inserted.  Finally, a leather strap with a buckle was added. My husband was really thrilled by this luggage tag and someday if I get a power sewing machine, I will sew the edges instead of gluing. Hopefully, this post has given you some crafty ideas.  Please stop by again to see more of my creations.

1 comment:

SKY Tags And Bags said...

Any writer  that takes the time to research a subject as thoroughly as you have deserves to be commended.  This article is appealing and very well-written.  The first two sentences encouraged me to read more. The #1 custom Paper Luggage Tags. Affordable for luggage. Any size and any Custom Designs we can deliver. Call us Now 02037695141