Sunday, February 26, 2017

Washi Paper Wedding Card

 I almost forgot to make a card for a wedding that we will be attending soon. Amazingly, I got it right on the first try, mostly due to my husband's K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Sweetheart) advice.  HM Ben Franklin Crafts has lots of 12x12 washi sheets to choose from, but if you have lots of scraps (like me) you can work with those.  The Sizzix square die set makes it easy to cut out the washi paper squares with out measuring.  To cut the fibrous white cover paper and leave a deckle edge, I placed a ruler down and moistened the edge area before pulling the paper upward. My card photo doesn't show the sparkle of the embossing powder (gold enchantment NUVO) used on the stamped (Mari and Me) happiness character, but it does compliment the gold fibers in the washi papers.  I decided to add some washi paper scraps to the envelope so it would coordinate with the card. Hopefully, this post will encourage you to whip up a card even though you may think you don't have enough time,,,you do!

 
Here is a close up view of the heat embossed 'happiness' character....pretty yeah?


2 comments:

yyam said...

Oh my. I love the embossed character..so gold and sparkly!

Cami said...

Hi Lynn! This is a beautiful asian card. Love the gold!