Friday, June 30, 2017

It's a Card....It's a Tag....It's Both!

 Here is the third in my series of cards I made using my ink test pieces for backgrounds.  At first I was just going to make a tag, but then I liked the look of the tag so much that I decided to turn it into a card. I punched holes through both layers of the tag (one cut with a Little B tag die, the outer purple layer hand cut) and through the card too.  I was then able to use a piece of lavendar lace to tie all the layers (over the top of the card) together.
 This simple technique allows the recipient of the card to detach the tag and use it on another gift or gift bag.  I love it when my handmade cards can be used more than once...makes all the work seem worthwhile.  The die that coordinates with this stamp set is one of the older styles with a solid back.  This makes aligning the die with the image a little tricky, but it's still easier than fussy hand cutting.  If the white edge of the die cut image really bothers me, I color it a bit with a Copic color that blends in with the background.  That's my tip of the day!

No comments: