Monday, June 19, 2017

Super Easy D-A-D Card

I love the Echo Park Father's Day 12x12 card stock papers so it was a no-brainer that I would use them on a card for my husband (who really is the greatest DAD of all time). Because I found it so easy to use the We R Memory Keepers Alphabet Punch Board (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) on my Mother's Day card, I thought I'd use it again on this card.  With the addition of the Neat & Tangled Box die cut, I was able to quickly assemble my Father's Day card.  The curly 'wires' were made from mizuhiki paper cords (available from BFC or Celebrations) wrapped around a barbecue skewer. Some foam dots were used to adhere the letters.
One of the sheets of Echo Park papers had rectangles of printed Father's Day words so I simply cut out a rectangle and used it for the inside sentiment. I plan to add a photo of the 'Great Dad' next to the words. The back of one of the 12x12 sheets provided the grey-black color for the Alphabet Board punched letters. That was it....so simple to make a special card for that special father!

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

now that is just too fun.. i love it

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a great card! I love how you used the sentiment from your paper pad. Those can be tricky to use!

scrapnhawaii said...

This is a really great dad card! i hope you don't mind if I lift some ideas off of it. Thank you for the inspiration!

Shirley N said...

Great job with your punch board again and I love that box die you used, been wanting to get that for so long. Very nice DAD card!