Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Ocean Themed Gift Bag

This gift bag was made in a similar fashion to the last one.  A blue bag was chosen and the Liquitex modeling paste was added using the TCW Nautilus stencil (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts),  To highlight and add shimmer to the raised design, fine glitter (Queen and Co) was added to the still wet stenciled pasted design. Because there was some smudging, I covered it with a light spritz of glitter spray and that camouflaged it.
The sea horse/sand dollar tag was constructed from die cut watercolor paper. The top of the sand dollar was folded before cutting and set just beneath the cutting edge of the Tim Holtz die to form a 'sand dollar' mini card.  Both the sand dollar and seahorse were colored with Tim Holtz Oxide dyes, sprinkled with Infusion dye powder and the sand dollar was rubbed with a bit of  Bo Bunny glitter paste. I found an 'ocean-like' yarn in my ever-growing stash of yarns which added the perfect 'seaweed' touch that I was trying to achieve.  Well, that's it for my ocean themed gift bag...hope you liked it.  Leave me a comment if you can. I LOVE hearing from you!




1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

what a pretty gift bag.. very creative