Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Sweet Life Tropical Drink Shaker Card

 There is something addictive about making shaker cards so I just couldn't put away the Sizzix shaker card die that I used on my last posted blog card.  The die set that I purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts has a small die piece that makes the pocket for enclosing the sequins....so easy!  I cut the card base from a 12x12 American Crafts paper from the Shoreline series...old stock. The fruit slice design front piece came from the Bo Bunny 6x6 Lemonade Stand paper pad and the Sweet Life word sign was fussy cut from a Doodlebug 6x6  paper pad called Fun in the Sun. I was happy to discover that I had just the right sequin colors of pink, green and yellow to match the fruit slice paper. I even put in some Queen & Co. clear diamond toppings to look like ice and so there would be more sparkle and shaking noise.  The umbrella in the drink was die cut from printed origami paper and the drink was colored with Copic pens and color pencils to highlight the embossed ice cubes made by the die. 
For the inside of the card I used the circle that was cut from the front and the gold foil paper 'celebrate' (cut with an Avery Elle die) was added.  This drink was also cut with one of the Cutter Bee dies from the set that I just couldn't pass up at HM BFC.....and I don't even drink!  I think this card is very refreshing and satisfied my need to shake, shake, shake!



No comments: