Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Anniversary Toast Card

I needed an anniversary card ASAP so I used a minimalist approach. Recently, I saw a ready-made birthday card involving toast.  I filed the idea away for later use and my crazy mind came up with this anniversary version of the card.  Luckily, I had this Paper Smooches 'Wake Up' stamp set...so cute!  I started with a double-sided printed Authentique card stock which had a very vintage feel to it....perfect for this card.
It was simple work to stamp the toaster and images, adding the eyes and arms. Coloring with Copic pens was a 1-2-3 you're done job. The toasts on the front of the card were fussy cut and raised on foam sticky squares.
 At first I planned to hand print the words, but my handwriting is .....well, ugly!  I remembered that I had a Tepra label printer (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) so I could easily print out the words I needed.  Type...type...type...and the label sentiments were done!  The label tapes have adhesive backs so that makes them even easier to apply.
 This card was super easy and fast to complete. I'm excited to mail it off and I know that it will get there just in time for their anniversary. YAY!

1 comment:

Shirley N said...

OMGosh Lynn, this is brilliant! Did you make up your sentiments yourself? It is hilarious and so perfect for an anniversary card. Great job, they must have really gotten a kick out of this card.