Monday, February 12, 2018

Sweet Soda Valentine Notebook

I'm so in love with this year's Doodlebug Designs Valentine 'So Punny' 12x12 card stock papers.  I guess it's the cute emoji designs and cleverly worded sayings that really remind me of the Valentine Days of my youth.  When I came across some sun-damaged Sierra Pacific notebooks with pens (which I've had in my stash for years), I knew that I could turn them into something special with little effort and the DD papers.  I chose the soda design card stock and simply cut pieces to fit the front, inside and back of the notebook.  The Doodlebug Designs papers were purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. One of the sheets had small rectangles of designs resembling vintage Valentine cards so I cut out the soda one using a Paper Smooches 'Paper' die. I really like the holes on the side which remind me of folder paper and seem to match the spiral notebook.  The large 'sweet' script and the 'You're Soda -Lightful' came from a Doodlebug Designs 'Chit-Chat' die cut pack that I bought at BFC. The pink bow was made from glitter netting that is sold on a ribbon roll from the BFC wedding/wrapping department.  The little happy face heart glued to the bow is a Crate Paper product.

                                   
On the inside of the notebook and around the pen I taped the backside of the soda design card stock and added some Doodlebug Design washi tape (same design used on the front).  The heart-shaped paper clips (from my stash) were glued down with 1-2-3 Beacon  glue and of course I HAD to add a mini calendar. This project was easier to decorate than I anticipated and turned out better than I expected so it was definitely a WIN-WIN  and I am HAPPY-HAPPY!

No comments: