Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Girl's Day Wooden Treat Box


I discovered a really cool sliding wooden box at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I decided it would make a wonderful Girl's Day treat box that could be used as a pencil/pen box after the goodies were eaten.  It was super simple to trace the sides of the box onto a sheet of 12x12 Paper Crane Collection, cut them out and glue them to the box. To make the card stock on the box water resistant I painted the sides with Glossy Accents. 
For the sliding cover I adhered some of the stickers from the Paper Crane Collection and coated them with Glossy Accents.  The box cover has a small depression for a finger pull but I chose to glue a thumbtack head (from my stash) in the depression to serve as a decorative button to pull the slide cover open.  Oh yes, the cover was a yellowish color that didn't match with the  decorative paper so I stained the cover a pinkish color. I filled the box with some individually wrapped arare. The un-decorated  box is a Sierra Pacific product which was unbelievably priced at only $2.99!  I'm going back to BFC to get more boxes because I love the style and want to use more of the pretty Asian print papers. See you at my favorite craft store!

3 comments:

yyam said...

So sweet! LOVE a yummy (treats) and practical gift! :)

Annette Allen said...

aww I love how you decorated this fun treat box.. so fun..

eunice said...

That is a really neat box and what a great price! Love how you made it so special with the beautiful papers from Photoplay's Paper Crane Collection...perfect for gifting your girls day treats and as a collectable gift box.