Saturday, March 3, 2018

Happy Girl's Day!

I love, love, love the new Paper Crane design products by Photoplay....available now at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  The 6x6 paper pad is perfect for local card makers.  I used the cherry blossom design for my card background.  First I used two of the hexagon  Spellbinders dies to form the shadow box (foam dots between the layers).  I stamped the Dandelion Designs sentiment on the back hexagon before running it through the Darice cherry blossom embossing folder and dusting it with pink chalk. The kokeshi doll image was stamped and die cut before coloring it with Copic pens.  The artificial cherry blossoms are from my stash (maybe originally from BFC).  I think they add the perfect touch and give some dimension to an otherwise simple Girl's Day card.  This card is dedicated to all my blogger GIRL friends...enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Shirley N said...

Your card is so pretty, Lynn. It brought back fond memories of my childhood days when we had shadow boxes on our wall that was filled with kokeshi dolls. Your beautiful DP, cherry blossom flowers and sweet kokeshi doll made it a perfect girl's day card!