Sunday, August 26, 2018

Fun With Stickers and Resin

I love the Doodlebug Designs stickers.  They've inspired me to create some cute resin items.  Using the UV resin available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts and small silicon molds (also sold at BFC), I put a thin layer of colored resin into the bottom of the mold and hardened it before inserting a sticker. Next, I added a layer of clear resin to fill the mold.  After setting the resin under UV light, I glued or attached with more resin the encased sticker onto a clip for hair or paper.
Here are a few more samples of the pieces I've made.  (Sorry the photo is not too clear.) I am excited to try other mold shapes and Doodlebug Designs stickers.  Oh, the file card is from the Doodlebug Designs card set and with the addition of the die cut (Lawn Fawn) 'hugs' seems like the perfect vehicle for sending a greeting and small gift. It's so nice to get 'happy mail' !!!!

No comments: