Saturday, August 18, 2018

Hawaiian Airlines Snack Bag Decorated for Reuse


Much to the consternation of my husband, I often save bit and pieces of ephemera from our trips.  He was frowning big time when I declared that I was bringing home the Hawaiian Airlines snack bags from our Japan trip.  I knew these sturdy printed brown bags with woven ribbons handles could easily be fashioned into a usable gift bag so I ignored my husband's doubtful glances.
It was simple and quick work to measure the bag and cut strips of paper from the Sizzix long tropical print paper pad to fit the bottom portion of the bag (below the fold). Then I used the dies from the Sizzix die set (with the gecko) to cut the plumeria flowers (watercolored the yellow centers) and leaves that matched the decorative paper.  The 'For You' label (on the front of the bag) was cut using one of the dies also from the set.  A backing paper was attached to make the words more visible and the corners were rounded.  The flowers, leaves and label all help to cover up the airline logos on the front and back of the bag. I love both the paper pad and the die set because they are so usable for Hawaii crafting projects.  The die set actually makes an adorable little party favor box which I'm sure would be perfect for an outdoor wedding. Everything for this recycling project was purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts except for the brown bag....you'll have to go to Japan on Hawaiian Airlines to get that!

3 comments:

eunice said...

Wow, I am so impressed at how you up cycled those HA gift bags... turned out looking really nice and so classy! Double kudos for reusing and re-purposing so beautifully!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a super gorgeous bag Lynn. You sure created a masterpiece. Thumbs up to you. You are a creative genius.

yyam said...

Yay! So glad you've recycled the bag! Looks fabulous!