Two very dear friends of ours recently sent us a sweet 'grandparents' gift. Yes, my husband and I are finally GRANDPARENTS! Our identical twin grandsons arrived two months early so it's been a tenuous five weeks but I am happy to say that they are doing very well and may even go home soon. I designed this card to convey the cuteness of my grandsons...hopefully they won't be double-trouble monkeys! To make the 'thank you' stand out, I die cut it from pink shimmer paper (DCVW available from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) but it was too light colored so I enhanced the pink with a Copic pen....yes, the shimmer still remains even after coloring. The blue plaid card stock cut with the Lawn Fawn scallop square is supposed to represent a baby blanket. To make the monkeys seem furry I stamped the image on watercolor paper and colored it in with Copic markers. Because watercolor paper is very absorbent the ink bleeds making the edges fuzzy. A final touch was the addition of Amy Tangerine blue epoxy hearts. This was a very simple card but I hope it conveys my sincere thanks to our very thoughtful friends.
Workspace Wednesday - a pretty thing on a gloomy day
-
Not sure if you've heard but Singapore is now the most polluted country in
the world. The haze is back and it's been really bad. And likely to persist
t...
14 hours ago


1 comment:
what a cute thank you card.. those little monkeys are so fun.
Post a Comment