Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Sweet Life Mini Calendar Tags

 This set of calendars are not Valentine themed so they can be used as tags for any occasion gifts.  The Newton's Nook stamps inspired the sweet treat look for the accordion pleated 3" x 3" calendars.  I sprinkled pigment powders onto 3"x 8" damp watercolor paper to get unexpected results.  Once dry, I scored and folded the strip at 3", 6", 6-3/4", and 7-1/2".
 Please click on the images to see them close up.  To add some color and texture, I tied on some novelty ribbon/yarns from my collection of fibers.  The mini calendar were purchased online from Vippies.
 The backs of the tags were stamped with the sentiment that came with the stamp set.  Tip: To keep my die sets with the matching stamp sets, I always tape the packages together.  To add a whimsical touch to the calendar tags, I used Glossy Accents (available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) to adhere the 'fake' candy sprinkles (from the resin section of HM BFC) around the calendars.  I think these mini calendar tags will be perfect year round to add a little something-something to a special gift.  Crafting makes life sweet!

No comments: