Sunday, March 3, 2019

Beautiful Day Bicycle Riding Slider Card

It's not a beautiful day in Hilo...it's pouring!  To combat the dreariness of the day, I decided to make a happy springtime card.  I've had the Lawn Fawn 'bicycle built for two' stamp and die sets for awhile (maybe from last spring...heeheehee) so it's about time I used them to make a card.
Rather than having a static scene, I decided to use an Ellen Hudson slider die to cut a channel in the grass. By attaching a My Favorite Things replenishments piece between two thin sticky foam pieces and dusting the back of the foam piece with cornstarch, I was able to attach the bicycling pair to the slider piece. The weather changed the lighting in this room so this photo is a bit 'overcast'.
The clouds were made by cutting out masks using the Lawn Fawn cloud dies. The masks were then placed on the damp watercolor paper card base before applying the blue distress ink with a scrunched up paper towel. Oh yes, the grass was cut with a Lawn Fawn die.  The sentiment came from the same LF set and this set also has the parts to make a lovely wedding card. My favorite part of the the card is that the dies cut out every thing including the spokes of the bicycle!  After finishing this card, I feel more springy and the rain has stopped....yay!  Crafting makes you happy and chases the gray clouds away.



2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is adorable.. I so need to try the slider on a card... thanks for sharing.

eunice said...

Very cute, Lynn! My first time seeing the MFT Replenishments in action. Are these made of hard plastic or are they foam? Looks like they might work better than the pennies we used to use to make these type of sliders. Must give these a try!