Thursday, March 7, 2019

Out of this World Card


This card was started because of the desire to experiment with the Yupo paper and Ranger Alcohol Inks that I saw on the Joy of Crafting.  The beauty of the inks on the non-tree paper is breathtakingly 'out of this world', so of course a space themed card seemed appropriate.

First, I sprayed the paper with Isopropyl alcohol and then dripped some ink on it. After the Ranger inks dried, I flicked on some silver Liquitex ink.  I die cut the circular track and stamped the Lawn Fawn images on marker paper. After coloring the images, they were die cut with the LF dies.
The My Favorite Things tab was adhered to the astronaut and to a card stock piece inserted behind the circular track.  Actually, a small round sticky foam piece could be used instead of the MFT plastic tab. This set up allows the astronaut to go around the track and spin around.
The sentiment was stamped on a Lawn Fawn die cut banner. The planets, rocket and banner were adhered to the card with sticky foam dots.
If there was one thing I would change about this card, it would be to make a second inked Yupo paper to put behind the circular track so that it would not be as noticeable a the solid blue of the card blank.  I'm definitely going to use the Yupo paper and alcohol inks again because of the luscious colors that can be achieved. I see beautiful ocean scenes in my future cards. You should give this technique a try. I know you won't regret experimenting with the explosion of colors that will delight your eyes.

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Your card looks great. The background is perfect and sure looks like outer space.

Got to go to Daiso in Pearl City this past weekend. No line when we got there but had a short one when we left. Got some goodies there. Yay!!!

Annette Allen said...

yay for Alcohol inks.. the background looks awesome.. love this card. Have a wonderful weekend. hugs