Sunday, April 28, 2019

Happy Boy's Day 2019 Card

 Yes, I do make a Boy's Day Card every year. We have a lot of boys in our family now...two sons and two grandsons!  Some years I make duplicate cards for my boys, but this year I'm rushing so I'll tell them to go look at my blog site...LOL!  (I don't think they save my cards anyway...can you see the mom tears?) This year I decided to dig deep into my stash of Boy's Day stamps (quite a collection gathered over the years) and found a Taj wooden handled one and a Dandelion Designs set. With the use of the Whimsy die, it was easy to make a layout with the fussy cut Copic colored images.  Leather sewing cord was used for the fishing line. For some reason the traditional May 5th date (fifth day of the fifth month) has been altered from Boy's Day to Children's Day.  I think this is unfair because the girls still have their own special day.  Does anyone know why this change was made? In any case, I hope you have a delightful Boys Day!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

this is so cute.. i love the set you used. I always have a hard time creating cards for boys.