Monday, June 3, 2019

Hoppy Father's Day Card

 My husband is the best father to my boys (and me).  He's kind, generous, and wise (at times). I decided to make him a froggy Father's Day card this year because he loves frogs, except for Coquis. (I don't mind them and prefer to think of them as singing night birds.) Because my husband admired the resin frog page marker (seen on a previous blog post), I thought that I would try to include it on the card as a small gift. (You can include a pen if you prefer.)  After seeing many shirt motif Father's Day cards in blogland, I imagined one as an aloha shirt with a frog popping out of the pocket.  It wasn't hard to hand cut (from hibiscus print paper) a portion of a shirt and draw in the stitching.  I made a double layer pocket so that the metal part of the page marker wouldn't show when the frog was clipped on.  Two real wooden buttons (like on the old Aloha shirts) were glued on for more dimension and realism.
 For the inside of the card I stamped some of the images from the Lawn Fawn set, colored them and fussy cut them out.  The images were adhered with foam dots and the sentiment was arranged in a curve before stamping in green ink.  Adding a few blue color pencil lines brought the whole card together.  I love this Lawn Fawn stamp set because it has so many cute frog images, scenery add-ons and useful words.  Look for it in HM Ben Franklin Crafts even if you aren't a frog lover.  It's sure to become a well used set for lucky frog Vegas cards. Hoppy, hoppy Father's Day!

4 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Hi Lynn, this is just a darling card. I love the shirt on the outside and then the lovely decorated inside! Cute frogs!

yyam said...

Awww...so cute!

ritika said...

Wow! It's such an endearing blog. I loved it and it makes me want to buy a creative gifts for my father this Father's Day.
Keep writing about such gift ideas.

eunice said...

SUPER Kawaii, Lynn! Awww... I bet your hubby was thrilled to receive this adorable Fathers Day card. Froggie in the pocket is so CUTE, and you did an amazing job of putting together the paper pieced aloha shirt, with coconut buttons! Your stamped froggies and sentiment inside is perfectly placed... such a wowza card & gift!