Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Upcycled Sliding Cookie Box


 I like baking cookies almost as much as I like eating them, so after I devoured the La Tour shortbread cookies (coconut) I saved the box.  I knew eventually I would get around to decorating it to house my own baked goods.  The new Doodlebug Designs 'So Puny' 12x12 papers and die cuts were perfect for this project.  I didn't even measure the paper, simply traced around the box and cut with my Fiskar desktop paper cutter.  The paper was attached to the sides of the box with double stick tape.  The top of the box with the clear window was embellished with die cuts from the DD packs.
For more interest I added fine crystal glitter to the sugar bag and fake sprinkles (from BFC resin department) to the cookie.  Upcycling sturdy boxes by decorating them gives me a head start on packaging my holiday baking.  All the supplies (except for the empty box) can be purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. Hurry down to the stores before the good stuff sells out!

4 comments:

yyam said...

*High fives on baking cookies*
Nicely done! :)

eunice said...

Goodness, your decorated cookie box is so adorable dressed in Doodlebug cuteness. I really like the sliding box design with the window too... lol, maybe I need to go buy some cookies from LaTour for the box!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such information.
Your informative post has answered all of my questions.
I really appreciate the research work and effort it improves my knowledge.
Custom Cookie Boxes

David Jon said...

Such An Informative article, Custom printed Cookies Boxes