Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Panda Bear Gift Bag

 Do you recognize the Daiso $1.50 textured bag?  It's amazing how easy it is to jazz up the surface with the humorous Whimsey panda stamps. I started by using a Lawn Fawn scallop square die to cut some leftover crinkle washi paper.

Next, I stamped the bamboo images on the panels with olive green Momento ink (available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts). The words were stamped with the same ink and cut into labels.
 The bears were stamped on watercolor paper because I hoped the colors would bleed and look more ...ahhh...'Asian'? However, Copic pens require a steady hand especially black pens.  I reverted back to my trusty watercolor pencils....scribbled a little and 'painted' with a wet brush....just like small kid play time.
 I couldn't resist making a matching tag with the funniest image.  I found a weird cording?yarn? in my ever-growing stash of fiber stuff and it seemed perfect for this tag.
This project didn't require many supplies but produced a fancy, cute bag for a special gift for that special person.  Okay, head on over to Daiso to get these bargain priced wonderfully textured gift bags and enjoy crafting you own one-of-a- kind 'cuter than a panda butt' bag!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so totally cute.. love it