Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Cat In a Halloween Treat Bag

 This card is dedicated to Sophie, my son's cat, who believes she is human.  She's been known to snatch hamburgers and fries off the dining table and secretly unwrap and eat them under the bed.  I was planning to make a regular shaker card using a Halloween treat bag instead of making an acetate window.  However, I just purchased the Whimsey clear stamp set that had an image of a cat who looked like it was trapped.  My goofy mind decided that it was Sophie stuck in a giant stolen Halloween treat bag.
 I colored the image with Copic pens and fussy cut it out.  A little adhesive was placed on the paws, tail, and face. Sophie was stuck to the inside of the bag before adding some assorted sequins. The bag was sealed off and a ribbon tied on.  I stamped the saying on a piece of matching paper, heat embossed it with Nuvo black sparkle powder, cut the paper into a tag shape, and tied it onto the bag with twine.  The whole bag and tag were adhered with pop up foam dots.
 This is what the inside of the card looks like.  Funny that the card stock sheet I used for the front actually had a cat print on the reverse side.  After stamping the CC Designs sentiment in white and heat embossing it with Nuvo white powder, I added googly eyes and a strip of washi tape.  I really love the way this card turned out because it is almost exactly how I imagined it....that's rare!  Lots of the supplies including the treat bags (50 for $3.99) are from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  Have a Happy Crafty Halloween but just make sure that your cat isn't getting into your craft supplies!

1 comment:

yyam said...

Hehehe...such a fun idea!