Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Autumn 2019 Family Newsletter Card



 Every autumn I try to create a card or calendar to go with my family newsletter.  This year we just returned from Japan so I have less time than usual to get everything together and in the mail.  To keep it simple, I decided to rely on the beauty of washi paper with leaves embedded in the fibers that I purchased from a Japanese craft store.  To tear the paper in a desired shape with wispy fibrous edges, I used a wet paint brush to draw the shape and used a straightedge plus fingers to gently pull.  I punched the leaf shape (EK Success) from a crinkled Japanese paper that had some sparkly foil bits. After rubbing some metallic paste to the surface of the leaf, I decided that there weren't enough foil bits so I added more with glue and NUVO gold leaf foil.  I'm not sure when or where I bought the stamp set which includes the Emily Bronte saying, but it is perfect for the newsletter that I am writing that will contain some leaf shaped photos. I am happy that the card is natural looking, autumnal, and easy to replicate. Well, onward to finish the rest of the cards.....each one will be a one-of-a- kind just like my friends and family!


1 comment:

eunice said...

Your autumn newsletter card is gorgeous. The washi paper with the embedded leaves is unique and beautiful and I like the look of the torn edges. And the gold foiled leaf is so lovely... you have convinced me that I must give this technique a try! Your family and friends will definitely be impressed with this amazing card.