Saturday, November 16, 2019

Woodland Fox with Lemonade Tag/Card

 A dear friend of mine is enduring some major rehab due to a stroke so I wanted to make her a card and attach it to some edibles.  Since I was in an autumn state of mind, I decided to use my Lawn Fawn die set to make this cute fox tag/card.  This set can make three different animal cards with hugging arms.  The dies cut out all the parts even for the eyes and nose...so  easy to put together the animals with a little Beacon 3 in 1 glue (available at HM BFC)
 Rather than have the fox holding a heart, I made a glass of lemonade mini card using a Whimsy stamp set. I stamped the sentiment, "when life gives you lemons" on the outside of the card and  "make lemonade" inside the card.  I really feel this saying is appropriate for my friend who is courageously doing her best to return to normal.
 The inside of the card and the back of the fox provide lots of room for a message.  I added twine so that the tag could be attached to the get well goodies I am delivering.  For added cuteness, I used a Copic pen to make rosy cheeks and glued on a sweet flower.
I love the words that came with the Mama Elephant stamp set (see below), "Hand Crafted Hugs enclosed"and I thought that they paired well with this hugging fox card/tag. Of all the autumn dies I've invested in, I think this Lawn Fawn one is the cutest and most useful.  I like that it can make three different animals a fox, a raccoon and a reindeer. The folded arms add dimension and can 'hold' a calendar, photo or shaker element. Think of the possibilities! Come on, get crafty for the holidays!


1 comment:

yyam said...

Awww...so cute! Hope your friend feels better soon.