Sunday, December 8, 2019

Yeti Tuck-In 2020 Calendar

I am quite pleased with how these calendars turned out and they were so easy to make!  I started by stamping the Yeti images (Lawn Fawn stamp set from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) in dark blue Memento ink onto white marker paper.  Next I applied crystal Scribbles onto the Yetis and sprinkled them with  Martha Stewart iridescent hair-like glitter. Once the Yeti were dry, I used the LF dies to cut them out.
While the Scribbles was drying, I cut out the calendar bases.  I picked double-sided card stock and cut out 3"x 8" strips.  Next I started on the left of the length and marked at 1/2", 1-1/4", 2", and 5" on both the top and bottom of the strip.  Using a bone folder, I scored the strip at the markings. Then the piece was folded and pleated. The 1/2" tab was adhered to the back with Heiko double sided adhesive tape (from HM BFC).
To make the back of the calendar more finished, I used the dies to cut out the Yeti shapes from the matching printed  card stock. (Be sure you die cut the Yeti on the right side as they are similar but not identical.)  Before attaching the Vippies calendars to the base, I stamped the words (from the LF stamp set) 'The Best Is Yeti To Come".  I thought this sentiment was perfect for this calendar.   

I used foam adhesive tabs to secure the Yetis to the calendars.  The Yetis remind me of my cute and cuddly twin grandsons who ARE identical.  This coming year will certainly be the 'best' with another Yeti to arrive in late May! (My second son's first child!).  I hope that you will try making this style of calendar which you can 'Tuck-In' to hostess gifts, give to co-workers or even attach as tags to Xmas gifts.  Be creative and stay happy all year long!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hello, hello Lynn!
Thanks so much for your sweet comment. Yup, I've been MIA for quite a while. Your Yeti stand-up calendars are soooo cute. Great choice of DPs too. Can't believe another year is coming to an end. Happy, happy crafting.

Annette Allen said...

yay for Calendar time. I love every year when you post these. The Yeti is so cute. love it