Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Easter Mini Treat Baskets

 My grandsons are too young for marshmallow peeps or chocolate rabbits, but 'grandma crafter' ME just had to make something Eastery for them.  I kept these mini paper baskets simple since I know that they will be thrown away after the treats are consumed.  (I plan to put little Kimi balls, Japanese treats that melt in your mouth, in the baskets because they look a little like eggs.)  I used the Lawn Fawn die to cut out two pieces for each basket. The 12x12 card stock was also from Lawn Fawn. I like the color and pattern of the card stock because it looks like a woven basket. Two baskets can be made from one 12x12 piece.  The felt stitched bunnies and carrots are actually stickers that I purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. Tip: Rub a little cornstarch on the back of the rabbit ears that extend over the basket so they won't be sticky any more.
 I used an oval die (Sizzix) to cut the labels and stamped them with Studio G words.  I could have stamped and colored the eggs too but I found some Mrs. Grossman stickers in my ancient stash and used them to save time.  The store also sells the fake grass (in the Japanese packaging section of HM BFC).  If you need some sweet, quick Easter treat baskets (maybe for your co-workers or the kids at
pre-school), this might be the easy solution for you. Speedy crafting is happy crafting!

p                                  

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

I am loving all the Easter projects.. I have not made any yet but now I want too. thanks for the inspiration.