Monday, April 13, 2020

Chocolate Rabbit Egg Card

Although it doesn't look like it, this card took quite a few steps to complete. I think it was worth the time and I have lots of time anyway as we are choosing to self quarantine as much as possible.  I started by stamping the Hero Arts background stamp on watercolor paper using the VersaCraft shades of green ink pad.  Next, I used clear embossing powder and a heat gun to set it.  Splashes of watercolors (Kuretake) were applied over the design and then the paper was allowed to dry.  In the meantime, I used the Tim Holtz dies to cut out the rabbit (from brown card stock) and bow (from sparkle pastel card stock).  The rabbit was coated with Glossy Accents and left to dry, too.

 The egg card shape was formed with the Spellbinders largest egg die.  The purple card stock was folded first and then the die was used so that the side edges remained intact.  The small Mama Elephant rabbit images were stamped, die cut and colored before attaching to the inside with foam sticky tabs next to the stamped and heat embossed sentiment.
Once the background stamped paper was dry, the large egg die was used to cut out  front and back pieces.  I cut the front piece in half before gluing it onto the purple egg card base.  The yellow gingham ribbon was glued along the middle of the egg to camouflage the side tabs and the 'chocolate rabbit' was glued to the left side of the front gate.
 Since I had extra printed watercolor paper, I cut out two egg tags, added purple card stock backs and embellished them with rabbits and decorative yarn. Tip: While working on a project I usually cut extra pieces from the leftover paper.  The next time I reach for the dies I might already have some pre-cut pieces in the package which saves me time searching for the right paper or taking out the die cutting machine.
 The card and tags were fun to make and will help to brighten a surprise spring gift for someone who may need cheering up during these stressful Corona virus quarantine days.  Be safe and stay positive!

2 comments:

yyam said...

How cute!

P/s: I think you put in a lot of effort on your cards and make them fun for the recipients. :)

eunice said...

The watercolor printed paper you made is beautiful, and definitely worth all the time you spent lovingly creating it... just perfect for your lovely gatefold egg card and tags! Also really like your idea of using glossy accents to make your chocolate bunnies look good enough to eat!