Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Banana Blueberry Muffins, Mom's Banana Bread Recipe Re-make


 What are you doing to keep busy during the virus days?  I've been doing some baking to use up my 'someday' stockpile of frozen fruits.  (I throw cut up fresh fruit in the freezer when we go on a trip in the hope to someday put them in baked goods.)  In this recipe, I used frozen bananas and blueberries. I substituted 1 cup of the wheat flour with coconut flour just to see how it would affect the recipe.  (Cooking is always like a science experiment to me.)  I discovered the batter was a little thick so I added a splash of soy milk to thin it out.  Anyway, I really liked the way these muffins taste, so my experiment was a success.  I put the baked muffins in the freezer....hahaha! They took up the space once occupied by the fruit!


                                                      Banana Blueberry Muffins

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
3 ripe or frozen bananas (mashed)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
soymilk for thinning batter
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

Cream the butter and sugar.  Beat in eggs and mix in the bananas.  Stir in the flours. Add baking soda and salt.  Thin the batter with soy milk if necessary.  Gently mix in the blueberries.  Spoon the batter into 12 paper lined muffin cups.  Place the muffin tin into a cold oven and turn it on to 350 degrees.  Bake for about 20-30 minutes until a knife inserted in a muffin comes out clean.

Note: The original banana bread recipe is very old.  I don't think ovens way back then had a preheat setting which is why the loaf was put in a cold oven.

1 comment:

eunice said...

Looks delish! Blueberries in banana muffins sounds so yummy! Thank you for generously sharing your recipe.