Friday, August 21, 2020

Jade Pendants on Cords and Chains

 Just showing what I've been working on while keeping one eye on the TV.  About 10 years ago we toured China and of course I picked up some carved jade pieces. Well, I've finally started using them to make some jewelry.  It only took a once in a hundred year pandemic to give me the time and desire to create something...LOL!  Anyway, the top left piece was a simple one which just required fastening the jade to a pre-tied decorative cord necklace.  The one on the right has an adjustable silk cord necklace and wire wrapping to attach the jade piece and pearl.

These four pendants on chains were fashioned from fancy gold vermeil headpins that were wire-wrapped to attach pearls and form bails. These jade necklaces are simple to make which is why I can create them in front of the boob tube. They will be given as gifts or may appear for sale in My Locker at the Hilo HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  Thanks for reading this post and please leave a comment if you have a few minutes to spare. I enjoy hearing from you!  

4 comments:

scrapnhawaii said...

Nothing like a pandemic to motivate one to work on projects that we all had put aside for some time. You created gifts that you had on hand (albeit for a while) and made beautiful gifts for others. Way to go, Lynn!!

eunice said...

These jade pendants are beautiful and so elegantly crafted. I am truly in awe of your multi levels of creativity and craftiness!

Unknown said...

Love that red cord

Annette Allen said...

oh wow these are beautiful..