Saturday, November 21, 2020

Winter Gratitude Card


This card began as a test of the Hero Arts black watercolor paper.  I thought I would make a background for a Halloween card.  Using Gansai Tambi Pearl Colors (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts), I swirled on some blue and silver watercolors.  Maybe I added a touch of green and yellow, too.  I let the paper dry and was pleasantly surprised with the sparkling result.  Somehow the elegance of the colors did not match the stamped cartoon Halloween character I was planing to use. So the Halloween card became an Autumn card.  I pulled out one of my favorite Autumn dies, the Impression Obsession tree and started searching for the perfect paper to die cut.  I had a frosty silver card stock in my stash which seemed perfect but now the card looked more like a Winter card....LOL!  Once again I changed the direction of this card.  It still looks a bit spooky but with the 'GRATITUDE' word I hope that it conveys the feeling that I have even during this pandemic.  (My very old gratitude stamp was applied with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Nuvo classic silver powder.) I am grateful for all I have and can do everyday even though it may be only clearing off the messy surface of my craft table....at least I have a space to clear...hahaha!

 

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

wow great background.. pretty card.