Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Decorated Daiso Glass Jar and Wooden Spoons



 As promised, this post shows two Daiso products that I decorated for Valentine's Day.  (Visit my previous post to see the Daiso items before they were decorated.)  I glued some red heart sequins on one wooden spoon, applied UV-LED Padico resin (hard)over the sequins and then put the spoon under the UV light. (Before you glue the sequins, be sure to glue a sample on paper first because some glues make the color on the sequins bleed.)  For the second spoon I simply wrapped washi tape around the handle before applying and curing the resin.  On the wooden top of the Daiso glass jar I glued four heart-shaped plastic beads (use a strong jewelry glue from HM BFC).  Around the jar I applied some washi tape with heart designs before I painted over the tape with resin. Using the UV light (available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) I set the resin. The resin makes the spoons and jar waterproof but I'm not sure if the resin is food safe so don't apply it in the jar or the part of the spoons that will touch the food.  Please check out both Daiso and HM Ben Franklin Crafts for products that you can use to create some sweet Valentine gifts.

No comments: