Monday, August 17, 2026

No Recipe Panettone Bread Pudding


 My husband was grumbling about the loaves of panettone bread I've been hoarding in the freezer since last Christmas. LOL!  I decided to make him some bread pudding so he would stop mumbling about the lack of freezer space.  I began by tearing the bread into large chunks and placing them into a parchment lined 8 x 8 baking pan until the bread pieces are in a layer almost to the top of the pan.  Next, I beat 3 eggs into a mixing bowl and added 1 cup of heavy cream plus some (about 1/2 cup?) water, sugar (1/2 cup?) a grating of nutmeg, and a dash of vanilla. I pured this liquid over the bread pieces to which I had added about 1/2 cup of dried fruit ( cranberries, raisins, cherries, etc.).  After making sure the bread pieces were soaked, I dotted the top with chunks of butter (1/4 cup?) and baked the mixture at 350 degrees until the bread pudding smell was irresistible. Hahaha! The finished bread pudding should be brown on top and a butter knife inserted should come out clean.  Sorry that I don't have a real recipe for my bread pudding but this is how I use up freezer bread and please my husband at the same time!









No comments: