Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Sweet Girl Shaker Birthday Card

 



As usual, I was running behind schedule so I had to think fast and come up with a cute, girly birthday card for a 1-year old. It took me awhile to find just the right papers, stickers and shaker confetti.  Once selections were made the card came together rather quickly.  I used an oval die to cut the opening for the shaker element.  Foam sticker tape formed the well for the confetti.  (I put a strip of foam tape down the center of the card front making the pocket smaller so not too much of the confetti had to be used.)  A clear acetate sheet was used behind the oval window. The 'Happy Birthday' was stamped in clear ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  Oh yes, a cupcake sticker was adhered behind the oval opening before the confetti was added.  This card is sweet and cute just like the birthday girl.  I know that a 1 year old won't know what's happening at the party but perhaps this card will be saved for the future and she will know that her aunty and uncle thought she was a very special birthday girl!




2 comments:

eunice said...

Wow! Your shaker card making skills are amazing. This card turned out so adorable!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Lovely card.