Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Sweet Gift

At first I was reluctant to buy the 12x12 Sweet Stack because I had already purchased two of the smaller sets. However, when the 12x12 size went on sale I couldn't help myself. I was elated when I opened the stack because the assortment of papers were somewhat different from the smaller stacks. The larger sheets seem to be designed more for scrapbook pages and the smaller sheets work well for card making. Also the larger sheets allowed me to make a cute gift container for the note cards I made earlier. (See photo.) Begin by tracing an open Ori Yoki cup (the plastic container that is flat, printed plastic that snaps into a cup shape) onto a sheet of 12x12 from the Sweet Stack. Then cut it out, score fold lines, and assemble the cup with double stick tape. Add on a ribbon and a die-cut from the Sweet Stack collection and voila you have a pretty cup to hold your handmade note cards. Wrap the whole thing in a plain cello bag with a decorative bow and you have a super gift for that special person on your list.

While buying the DCWV paper stack, I decided to invest in a Fiskar squeeze paper puncher. Although this paper punch has been in BenFranklin Crafts for awhile, I put off trying it and reasoned that I really didn't need another paper punch. How good could this new tool be anyway? Boy, am I happy that I tried this scissor-like punch. It is easy to squeeze, light-weight, less bulky than other punches, and enables you to see where you are punching so you can center designs. I love this new punch! I am definitely getting more squeeze punches!

No comments: